Welshpool Livestock Market – Industrial Development
Re-location of the former town centre Smithfield market to a 16acre out of town site secured by The Pickstock Group.
The new 149,000sqft state of the art facility which is fully compliant with new bio security and DEFRA legislation was delivered as a turnkey package for Welshpool Livestock Sales ltd in just 40 weeks creating one of the largest livestock markets in Europe.
- Re-location of the Smithfield market which had become non-compliant with current legislation to an out of town site
- Town centre re-development generated the value to deliver the new market
- Worked closely Welshpool Livestock Sales to design an up to date facility
- Worked in partnership with the Town Council, County Council and Regional Government as well as liaison with National and Local Politicians
- Major traffic issues which required detailed traffic modelling and design, and involved the Welsh Assembly Government Office
- Completed a flood risk assessment and defence strategy